- 60g Dutch cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 220g plain all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 180g full fat sour cream
- 240ml buttermilk
For Frosting & Decoration
- 345g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 650g icing sugar, sifted
- 70ml milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mint gel food colouring
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate, finely grated
- 1/2 cup shaved coconut, toasted
- 2 medium sized chocolate eggs, halved
- Small pastel chocolate eggs
- Pre heat the oven to 180C. Line the base and sides of x3 23cm wide cake tins.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Attach the flat beater to your KitchenAid mixer, add the sour cream, butter milk and vanilla es-sence. Mix on medium speed until the mixture is smooth. Slowly add in the vegetable oil while the mixer is on medium speed.
- Turn the speed down to low speed and slowly add in the dry ingredients by spooning the mixer in while the mixer is running. Once the mix is combined turn it off.
- Divide the batter between the 3 cake tins and place in the oven to bake for 22-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when tested. If only 2 tins fit in the oven at a time, set the 3rd one side.
- Remove them from the oven and repeat baking the 3rd cake for 22-25 minutes.
- Place the cakes on a cooling rack. After 20 minutes gently turn the cakes out to completely cool.