- 3 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Blueberry or strawberry jam
Easy Blueberry Scone Recipe Method
Have you every wondered how to make blueberry scones? This easy blueberry scone recipe is sure to impress! Also be sure to check out our blueberry hotcakes recipe here.
- To prepare your blueberry scones, preheat the oven to 180C, fan forced. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Add the sifted self raising flour, follow by adding the lemonade and thickened cream to a large mixing bowl. Stir until it is just combined, be mindful not to over mix.
- Turn out the mixture onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times, don’t over knead. Add the blueberries and lightly fold to combine. Bring it into a round shape, pat the top down so its flat and 2.5cm high.
- Using a small glass, cut out circles with out twisting for a clean edge. Reform the dough and repeat the process.
- Gently place the blueberry scones onto the baking tray, arranging them close together to help them rise.
- Bake blueberry scones for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Attach the whipping attachment to your KitchenAid food processor, pour in the thickened cream and whip until it is half whipped. Sprinkle over the icing sugar and whip future until soft peaks form.
- Serve the warm blueberry scones with fresh whipped cream and blueberry or strawberry jam.