- 1 1/2 avocados, roughly smashed
- 6-8 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 35g crumbled feta, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 poached eggs
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, blanched
- Small handful watercress
- 4 slices crusty sourdough, toasted
- Freshly cracked pepper
Looking for Mother's Day Breakfast ideas? We've got you covered with this delicious and easy avocado toast recipe!
- To begin preparing your Mother's Day breakfast, combine the lightly smash avocado into a small mixing bowl. Add the mint leaves, crumbled fetta along with the lemon juice, olive oil, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Lightly stir to combine.
- Blanch the asparagus and poach the eggs to your liking.
- Toast the sourdough and spread over the avocado mixture.
- Serve with the poached egg, asparagus and a few watercress leaves over the top. Sprinkle over with extra fetta and extra crack of fresh pepper.
Why not make it a breakfast feast, and add a few more of our most popular breakfast in bed recipes to the menu? You'll make (or bake!) her day with these breakfast corn fritters with a side of guacamole or egg and bacon pies.