- 400g tipo 00 flour, plus extra for dusting
- 4 eggs
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 handfuls baby tuscan kale
- 1 tbsp chilly flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, thinly shaved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- KitchenAid® stand mixer
- KitchenAid® dough attachment
- KitchenAid® 3 piece pasta attachment set
- High sided pot
- Fry pan
- Sift the flour into stand mixer bowl, attached with the dough hook
- Break eggs in a cup and mix in with a fork.
- Add the eggs to the flour to the stand mixer bowl and attach the flat beater. Start mixing slowly on speed one until the mixture just comes together, remove flat beater and attach dough hook, knead pasta dough for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into six pieces and flatten one piece slightly into a neat rectangle, wrapping the remaining pieces in plastic wrap to prevent them drying out.
- Attach the pasta roller attachment to your KitchenAid Stand Mixer, starting on the widest setting #1, pass the flattened piece of dough through the machine a few times, folding each time. Increase the notch’s 1 at a time up until notched 6.
- Dust lightly with flour if it starts to stick and if it becomes too long to handle, cut it in half. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Remove the pasta roller and attach the spaghetti cutter attachment to your stand mixer and pass each sheet of dough through, set the spaghetti aside.
- Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook 5-6 minutes until al dente and drain.
- Heat up a large heavy base fry pan to high heat, add half of the olive oil and garlic.
- Sauté until lightly golden and fragrant but not burnt. Remove the garlic and set aside.
- Add the baby kale to the same pan and sauté for a few minutes until it wilts. Turn the heat off and add the drained pasta, drizzle over the remanding olive oil, chilly flakes and half of the parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss through to coat.
- Serve with the remanding parmesan cheese over the top and optional extra chilly flakes.