Makes: 1 cup of jam, 16 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 200g dried black mission figs, stems trimmed
- ½ cup (118 mL) good quality pinot noir wine
- 3 tablespoon (38 grams) white sugar
- 2 tablespoon (28 mL) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place the dried figs and the pinot noir into your saucepan and cover the pan.
- Turn the heat to medium and allow the figs and wine to simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until figs have softened. Turn off heat. Add remaining ingredients into the pan.
- Fit the pan guard onto your KitchenAid® Cordless Hand Blender arm, then attach the arm to the motor body.
- Plug in the blender, then set the blender arm blade over a fig and press the variable speed controller for 2 seconds. Release the variable speed controller, set the base of the blender arm over another fig, and repeat the process until all of the figs have been broken down.
- Proceed to move the blender arm throughout the mixture until the mixture is completely smooth. Unplug the unit and set the blender aside.
Store jam in an airtight container.
- Mix it up by substituting your favorite white or red wine in place of the pinot noir. Try adding ¼ teaspoon of fresh thyme into the mix, or leave out the garam masala for a simple fig jam.