- 1 medium (144g) beet, peeled, cubed
- 1 can (439g) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Toasted sesame seeds, extra olive oil and finely diced parsley to garnish
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- ¼ (85g) cup honey
- 5 cups (150g) baby spinach
- Fresh grated parmesan (to taste)
- Place the prepared beets into a saucepan and add enough water just to cover them. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium high heat and cook for twenty minutes, or until fork tender. Strain, being sure to reserve ¼ cup of the boiling liquid, and set beets aside to cool.
- Place all the ingredients and two tablespoons of the reserved liquid to the KitchenAid Blender and blend on Speed 2 until slightly smooth. (Add more beet liquid if the mixture is too thick.) Place the mixture into a serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds, a drizzle of olive oil, flake salt, and a bit of lemon zest.