Makes: 1 Tart | Prep Time: 45 mins
- 150g unsalted butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 35g desiccated coconut
- 50g whole eggs
- 260g plain flour
- 2g salt
- 2g baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- Place a 190mm tart ring onto a lined tray.
- In the bowl of a KitchenAid stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip the butter up into a thick, smooth paste.
- When it becomes smooth, add the brown sugar, desiccated coconut and the eggs. Mix until combined and using the KitchenAid® Sifter + Scale Attachment, add in the sieved flour, salt and baking powder.
- Once the pastry has come together, press it into a neat flat square and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Roll the pastry out to 3mm in thickness and line the tart ring. Trim the top of the pastry so that it aligns with the top of the tart ring.
- Line the pastry with heat-proof plastic wrap or baking paper and fill with uncooked rice or baking beads. Blind bake for 18 minutes at 160°C.
- As it comes out of the oven, remove the lining and brush the pastry with the broken egg yolk.
- Once cool, wrap the tart shell in plastic wrap and store at room temperature until required. This can keep up to 5 days before filling if airtight.