- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup fresh ricotta
- 125g blueberries
- Butter for cooking
- Extra fresh blueberries
- Dollop Greek yoghurt
- Maple syrup
- To begin your blueberry ricotta hotcakes recipe, combine all of the dry ingredients, buttermilk and the egg yolks into a KitchenAid stand mixer bowl. Attach the beater attachment and mix blueberry hotcakes on medium speed until well combined. Turn off the mixer and stir through the ricotta.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg whites until lightly fluffy. Add to the main blueberry hotcakes batter mixture and fold through.
- Heat up a heavy base fry pan on low heat. Add a small amount of butter, swirl it around the pan until it's melted. Add a large scoop of blueberry hotcakesbatter and 4-5 fresh blueberries, lightly pushing them in to the pancake while its cooking.
- Once bubbles appear gently flip the pancake over and cook the other side until lightly golden. Keep the cooked pancakes covered to keep warm while the remainder of the pancake batter is cooked.
- Serve a few pancakes stacked up with a dollop of Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries and a good drizzle of maple syrup is poured over the top.
Note: Is your mum a fan of blueberry-based dishes? Be sure to check out our blueberry scones, blueberry pancakes and blueberry jam!