- Jul 9th 2020
- 0 comment
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 200g broccoli stalks, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs, plus more if needed
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 180 degrees F. Spray a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli stalks and boil for about 2 minutes, drain, let cool. Alternately, skip this step if using leftover cooked broccoli.
- Add a few pieces of broccoli stalks to food chopper and blitz on speed 1. Continue to grind remaining broccoli stalks.
- Attach the flat beater and bowl to your Stand Mixer. Add cheese, egg, breadcrumbs, onion powder, baking powder, ¼ each teaspoon salt and pepper. Mix on speed 4 until just combined (don’t overmix). Refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Using your hands or a ice cream scoop, form mixture into about 15 patties and place on baking sheet. If mixture is too wet and not holding together, add a few more tablespoons breadcrumbs. Spray fritters with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown, carefully flipping halfway through baking.