Makes: 22-24 cookies
Prep Time: <30 minutes
Bake Time: 30-45 minutes
- 1 ½ cups (187g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4g) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (3g) sea salt
- 2 sticks (226g) unsalted butter, browned and cooled (see Chef’s Notes)
- 1 cup (220g) packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (100g) white sugar
- 1 egg (50g), room temp
- 1 egg yolk (17g), room temp
- 1 teaspoon (4g) vanilla
- 1 cup (156g) old fashioned oats
- 1 cup (170g) white chocolate
- 1 cup (120g) dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Place the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Fit your KitchenAid® Cordless Hand Mixer with both stainless steel turbo beaters. Insert the beaters into the flour mixture and turn to speed 2. Whisk the dry ingredients together for a few seconds, then turn the hand mixer off and set dry ingredients aside.
- Place the brown sugar and white sugar into a high sided mixing bowl and add in the cooled browned butter. Insert the turbo beaters into the ingredients, turn the hand mixer to max speed 7, and cream the butter and sugars together for 4 minutes. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla, then continue to cream mixture on speed 7 for another 30 seconds, or until mixture is smooth. Reduce the speed of the hand blender to speed 2, and slowly add in the flour mixture in three additions. Mix just until flour is incorporated, then turn off hand mixer.
- Add the oats, cranberries and white chocolate into the dough. Insert the turbo beaters back into the mixture, turn to speed 4, and mix the ingredients together just until incorporated, about 10 seconds.
- With clean hands, slightly ‘knead’ the cookie dough to ensure all the ingredients stick together. Then, make golf ball sized balls with the dough and place them on a cookie tray to chill in the freezer for at least 10 minutes prior to baking. Once chilled, place the cookie dough balls at