- 2 cups self raising flour
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1.5 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon butter (heated in pan)
- Place all wet ingredients into the KitchenAid K400 blender, and give it a few pulses to break up the egg. Add the dry ingredients into the blender and blitz for 30 seconds.
- Heat butter into a non-stick frying pan over med-low heat. Pour 3-4 dollops of the batter into the pan (add more of less depending on pan size). Cook for 30-60 seconds, or until the top starts to form bubbles. Flip with a spatula or fork and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate, and repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve these with homemade lemon curd and freshly whipped cream!
Makes: 3 Cups
- 8 large whole eggs
- 2 cups caster sugar
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 170g cubed unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- Cream the butter in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer for 2 minutes, then add the Sugar and cream for a further 2-3 minutes (remembering to scrape down the sides). Beat in the eggs, adding them 1 at a time.
- Then add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt and beat until well combined. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and whisk occasionally over a low heat for ten minutes or until the curd has thickened to a custard like consistency.
- Transfer the lemon curd into a glass jar or bowl and place a piece of cling wrap directly on top of the curd. This process will stop a skin from forming on top. Once the curd is cooled, remove the cling wrap, and pop on the lid and store it in the fridge.
*The lemon curd can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to ten days.