- 50g parmesan cheese
- 1 cup wild rocket
- 3 thin ripe red Roma tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups basil leaves
- 1 small red onion, halved
- 1 tub large bocconcini or 3 buffalo mozzarella, drained, torn into pieces
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- freshly ground salt and black peppercorns, to taste
- Fit your food processor with work bowl and medium shredding disc*. Shred the parmesan cheese. Remove bowl and set aside. Arrange rocket onto serving platter. Fit the work bowl with the adjustable slicing disc*.
- Slice the tomatoes on the thickest setting on speed 2 (see tip). Remove tomatoes and arrange over rocket with several basil leaves. Add the onion to the chute and slice. Arrange onions over the tomatoes, top with more basil leaves, bocconcini and sprinkle over the parmesan cheese. Fit the food processor with the mini bowl and mini blade.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Process on speed 1 until combined. Drizzle dressing over the caprese salad, season with plenty of black pepper and sprinkle with remaining basil leaves. Serve immediately.
* Choose long small tomatoes so that they easily fit straight down the small chute of the food processor or larger tomatoes that can be added to the wide chute. Using the small chute will result in even sized slices.
*Slicing discs vary model to model, please use the thickest slicing disc.
* Shredding discs vary model to model. If you have an ExactSlice™ model please use the reversible shredding disc, medium side up.