- 450 gram tin chickpeas, drained and crushed
- 100 grams dates, seeds removed and chopped
- 100 grams dried cranberries
- 100 grams hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 100 grams whole almonds skin on, toasted and chopped
- 1 bunch chervil, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked then torn
- 2 large carrots, peeled then spiralized
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted then crushed using a mortar and pestle
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl combine the chickpeas, dates, cranberries, hazelnuts, almonds, chervil, mint and carrots.
- To make the dressing whisk together the cumin seeds, zest and juice of the lemon, honey and olive oil.
- Add the dressing to the chickpea mixture and combine. Season with the salt and transfer the salad to a serving dish.