Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- ¼ cup (54g) olive oil
- 1 medium (110g) white onion, diced
- 3 (9 g) garlic cloves, peeled and mined
- 1 large (72g) carrot, ½ ” quarter chop
- 2 (80g) celery stalks, ½” chop
- 3 pounds (600g) cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4-5 cups broth of choice
- 1 teaspoon (6g) salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup (120 mL) heavy cream
- ¼ cup (15g) packed fresh Italian parsley, minced
- Heat your dutch oven on medium high heat and add olive oil to hot pan.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots and celery and, stirring constantly, saute until onions are translucent, about four minutes.
- Add cauliflower and broth to the pot. Stir mixture to fully incorporate all ingredients, reduce heat to medium, and cover the pot. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Turn off heat and add heavy cream, salt, pepper,nutmeg and lemon zest.
- Fit the pan guard onto your KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender blending arm, then attach the arm to the motor body. Fully submerge the blending arm into the soup and, with arm at a slight angle in the soup, press the variable speed controller for 2 seconds. Submerge the blending arm in a different part of the pot and, while holding it at a slight angle, press the variable speed controller for 2 more seconds.
- Proceed to blend portions of the soup in 2 second intervals until soup is creamy and some cauliflower florets remain for texture. Remove the blender from the soup.
- Stir in minced parsley and serve hot.
- This soup can be blended to desired consistency, including a completely smooth soup.