- Feb 4th 2021
- 0 comment
- 75g butter, melted and cooled, plus extra for greasing
- 3 eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 12/3 cup (250g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150ml cold water
- Fresh whipped cream, strawberries and passionfruit pulp to garnish
- Place butter into a Pyrex jug or bowl and place onto turntable. Select BAKING MENU /BAKE ASSIST /MELT BUTTER /50g on the Bake Assist Microwave Oven and press START. Follow oven prompts. Stir and set aside.
- Grease and line the base of a 22cm microwave and oven-safe cake tin with baking paper.
- Place eggs and sugar into the bowl of a KitchenAid Stand Mixer fitted with flat beater. Beat on speed 4 until light and creamy. Reduce speed to 2 and add cooled melted butter; mix well.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and fold through egg mixture followed by cold water. Spoon into prepared cake tin.
- Arrange LOW RACK onto turntable and place cake on top.
- Select BAKING MENU /CAKES /SPONGE CAKE and press START to begin cooking. At the end of the cooking time, allow cake to stand in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, sliced strawberries and passionfruit pulp.
This cake can be cooked using CONVECTION ONLY. Select CONVECTION /FORCED AIR 160C /60 minutes. You will need a 22cm oven proof cake tin.