- 400g tipo 00 flour, plus extra for dusting
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Sift Tipo 00 flour into a KitchenAid stand mixer bowl attached with the dough hook
- Break eggs in a cup and mix in with a fork,
- Add eggs to the flour and start mixing slowly, starting on speed 1 and working your way up with the hook
- When the dough starts to come together tip onto a bench and knead for about 5 minutes, dusting your hands or the bench with a little flour if it starts to stick, until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into six pieces and flatten one piece slightly into a neat rectangle, wrapping the remaining pieces in plastic wrap to prevent them drying out.
- Attach the pasta roller attachment to your KitchenAid Stand Mixer, starting on the widest setting, pass the flattened piece of dough through the machine the necessary number of times, depending on the recipe reducing the setting by 2 notches each time.
- Dust lightly with flour if it starts to stick and if it becomes too long to handle, cut it in half, dust the half you aren’t working on lightly with flour and continue with each half separately. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Attach the fettuccine cutter attachment to your KitchenAid Stand Mixer and pass each sheet of dough through, cutting the large sheet into beautiful pieces of spaghetti
- Set fettuccine aside
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, toast pine nuts over low heat until golden brown. Shake pan to brown evenly, about 5 minutes and remove.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in small saucepan over low heat until garlic is soft, about 10 minutes. Remove garlic and let oil cool.
- Place walnuts in the bowl of your Cordless 5 Cup Food chopper. Pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to small bowl and set aside.
- Place garlic, spinach, basil, and parsley in bowl of food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Slowly drizzle in cooled olive oil until pesto looks creamy.
- Transfer pesto to bowl and stir in walnuts, salt, and Parmesan cheese. Set aside. Can be made 3 days ahead and stored in refrigerator.
- Bring large stock pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add fettuccine and cook 8-10 minutes until al dente. Drain. Toss pasta with 1 cup pesto.
- Top with pine nuts and serve immediately, serving additional pesto separately.