- 5 roma (plum) tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 lime, ends trimmed and halved
- 1 jalapeno, halved, seeded, and deveined
- 2 green onions (including green tops), ends trimmed and chopped into thirds
- 2 garlic clove
- ¾ cupred onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 Tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp fine sea salt
- Add three of the tomatoes and juice from ½ the lime to your KitchenAid Cordless Food Chopper and blend at speed 1 for 5 seconds.
- Add the jalapeno, green onions, garlic cloves, and red onion, and blend at speed 2 until finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Slice the remaining half of the lime in half, then add it, along with the cilantro, pepper, salt, sugar and cumin to the blender and blend at speed 3 for 5 seconds.
- Transfer to bowl and serve immediately, or store in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.