- 1 green tea bag
- 3/4 cup (180ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (240g) peeled and segmented ruby red grapefruit
- 1 green apple, cored and quartered
- 1 cup (40g) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 cups (320g) frozen pineapple
- Pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
To brew the green tea, steep the tea bag in the boiling water for 30 seconds, no longer or the tea will develop bitterness. Transfer to a sealed jar in the fridge to chill.
Pour the chilled tea and all of the other ingredients (including any boosters) into the blender jar of the KitchenAid Pro Line Blender. Secure the lid and blend for 40-60 seconds, starting on speed 1 and gradually increasing to speed 10 or 11, until smooth.