- 300g pineapple pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, chopped
- Add the pineapples pieces to your K400 blender and blend until you get a smooth puree
- Add the pineapple purée, lemon juice, sugar, egg yolks, cornflour & salt to a saucepan & whisk to combine.
- Whisk constantly over medium heat until the mixture thickens (this happens just as it’s about to come to the boil).
- Remove from the heat & whisk in the butter until melted.
- Transfer the pineapple curd to a jar & refrigerate until thickened & cooled.
🍍 TIPS 🍍
- The pineapple curd can be stored in a sealed glass jar for up to 2 weeks.
- Use fresh or frozen pineapple to make the pineapple purée for the pineapple curd