- 2 packets dry yeast
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50ml canola oil
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 5 cups special white flour
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl except for flour and mix well.
- Add the flour in slowly until a soft dough forms.
- Set aside in a previously warmed oven for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Roll out on a floured board and roll out to 2.5cm thickness, adding flour as necessary to reduce stickiness.
- Using a glass or cookie cutter, cut out the dough and let it rise for a further 30 minutes.
- Add canola oil to a sauce pan and add the balls in
- Turn each ball over for a few minutes on each side until golden
- Drain well, sift icing sugar or pipe your favourite filling - strawberry jam or Nutella.