- Meat balls
- 1kg pork and veal mince
- 1 onion, finely diced
- ½ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ½ yellow capsicum, finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp each ground cumin, coriander, paprika
- finely grated rind 1 lime
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, coriander, paprika
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 250 ml tomato passata
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini cut into large chunky pieces
- parsley leaves to serve
- Attach the mixing bowl to the Stand Mixer with the flat beater. Add the mince, onion, parsley, vegetables, spices, lime rind and salt and pepper. Turn to speed 2 and mix for 30 seconds or until well combined and until the mixture feels slightly sticky. Roll into large golf ball sized balls.
- Heat the oil in the KitchenAid Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 3.3L Sauté Pan over medium heat. Add half of the meatballs and lightly brown on all sides. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining meatballs.
- For the sauce
- Reheat the sauté pan, add the onion and spices and cook gently over a low heat for 7 minutes or until the onion is softened. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato passata and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Add the meatballs and zucchini and gently toss in the sauce. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until the meatballs are just tender. Serve scattered with the fresh herbs.
- To prepare the vegetables with the KitchenAid Food processor attachment:
- Attach the Food Processor Attachment to the Stand Mixer with the dicing blade. Place the mixing bowl under the chute. Turn to speed 8, add the onion and dice. Remove half of the onion from the bowl and set aside for the tomato sauce. Turn the mixer to speed 8 and add the capsicum.
- Remove the dicing disc and attach the slicing disc. Select thin and turn to speed 10, add the spring onions followed by the parsley. Follow the recipe method as above.
You can start the recipe on the stove top, then place in a 180C oven and cook 10 - 15 minutes or until the meatballs are tender.