- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (300g) diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 6 cups (240g) sliced white button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 cups (480ml) vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, to serve
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil, and sauté the onions, thyme, and garlic for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, tamari, and black pepper, and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, until the mushrooms are reduced and cooked through.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to the jar of the KitchenAid® Pro line Blender, and add the broth. Secure the lid, and set the blender to the Adapti-Blend™ Soup program. Blend until the machine turns itself off. Alternatively, blend for about 5 minutes, starting on speed 1 and gradually increasing to speed 10.
- Soup will come out of the Blender hot. Season with salt to taste, and garnish with finely chopped parsley. Serve with crusty bread or a scoop of cooked grains.