Makes: 1 ½ cups (approx 270 grams) tapenade
Prep Time: <10 minutes
- 1 cup (25 g) packed fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup (6 g) fresh mint
- 1 cup (180 g) pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup (120 g) pimento-stuffed Spanish queen olives
- 3 (9 g) garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon (9 g) capers
- 1 tablespoon (16 mL) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 (4 g) anchovy fillet
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- Assemble your KitchenAid® Cordless Food Chopper by attaching the work bowl to the base and inserting the drive adapter and the multipurpose blade into the work bowl.
- Add all ingredients in order into the chopper bowl and attach the lid. Slide the speed controller to speed 1, then depress the on button several times to pulse the mixture.
- Increase the speed controller to 2, then depress and hold the on button continuously for 10 seconds.
- Remove the lid and clean the sides of the cup with a spatula, then replace the lid and press the on button for another 5 seconds.
- Store tapenade in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- If the mixture doesn’t move freely when chopping, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil through the drizzle basin while chopping.
- If you like a chunkier tapenade texture, chop for only 5 seconds once you increase the speed to 2. Then, remove the lid, clean the sides of the cup with a pastry spatula, then replace the lid and pulse another 5-6 times. The more you pulse, the more chopped the final texture will be.