- 400g medium cooked prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄4 bunch coriander
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 1 tsp saffron strands
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 large egg
- sea salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup light flavoured olive oil
Prepare the mayonnaise:
- Place the saffron threads in the hot water and leave to infuse for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the egg in the bowl of the KitchenAid 13 cup food processor and pulse for 15 seconds.
- Add mustard, lemon juice, saffron water and salt and pulse for another 15 seconds. Turn the KitchenAid 13 cup food processor to speed 1 and pour olive oil into the smallest food pusher ( this food push has a drizzle hole which allows a slow steady drizzle) and let drizzle until about a quarter of the oil has been added, when the mayonnaise has reached a thick consistency you can add the oil a little faster.
- Season to taste and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
For the prawn mixture:
- Place onion and coriander in the KitchenAid 13 cup food processor bowl and pulse 3 - 4 times until roughly chopped, add 3/4 of the prawns (reserving the remaining whole prawns for serving) and pulse again 3-4 times, do not over process. Remove from the bowl and set aside.
- Place cream cheese, sour cream and lime juice in the bowl and process on steed 2 until smooth. Add prawn mixture and pulse just to combine.
Assemble the prawn cocktail:
- Place individual lettuce leaves on a board or serving tray, place a tbsp of prawn mixture into the lettuce leaf, top with a slice for avocado, whole prawn and drizzle with saffron mayonnaise and top with caviar.