Chunky basil pesto
- 150g piece grated parmesan cheese
- 50g pine nuts
- 1 large bunch fresh basil, leaves picked from the stalks
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed (optional)
- 150ml olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the pinenuts, basil and chilli into your cordless food chopper. Process on speed 1 until roughly chopped. Slow add the olive oil quickly through the small food tube, followed by the Parmesan. Season well with salt and pepper.
Roasted beetroot hummus
- 1 small roasted beetroot
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 large lemon, zested
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 1 healthy pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 heaping tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Remove the stem and most of the root from your beets, and scrub and wash them underwater until clean.
- Wrap beetroots in foil, drizzle a bit of olive, wrap tightly and roast for one hour. They should be tender once roasted. Set in the fridge to cool to room temperature.Once your beetroot is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your cordless food chopper. Blend until only small bits remain.
- Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend on speed 1 until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
- Taste and season as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil if needed.