- 2 cups pasta flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Semolina flour
- 2 chicken breasts, bone-in skin-on
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Makes 4 servings
Prep time - 45 minutes plus rest time
Cook time - 1 hour
- Attach flat beater to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Add flour and salt to mixer bowl and turn to speed 2 to combine. Stop and make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add eggs and olive oil to well, turn to speed 2 and mix for 2 to 3 minutes, adding water 1 tablespoon at a time until dough holds together. Remove flat beater and attach dough hook. Knead on Stir speed for 3 to 4 minutes. Gather dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and let rest at least 1 hour.
- Attach KitchenAid Pasta Press attachment with fusilli plate to mixer. Divide prepared pasta dough into small walnut-sized balls. Turn mixer to speed 10 and drop pasta balls into hopper one at a time. Use combo tool if dough becomes caught in hopper and no longer self-feeds. Extrude fusilli to 2-inch lengths, cutting with wire cutter. Lay in a single layer on a lightly floured tray. Sprinkle with a little semolina flour.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Pull back skin from chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper then top with garlic slices. Pull skin back over chicken arrange in large oven safe skillet (preferably cast iron) and drizzle with olive oil. Cut lemon into quarters and scatter around chicken. Roast in preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove skillet from oven and transfer chicken to cutting board. Drain all but 2 tablespoons fat from skillet. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove skin and cut into bite size pieces.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook 3 to 4 minutes until al dente. Drain.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and dried chili flakes to chicken juices. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes until mushrooms begin to brown. Deglaze pan with white wine, scraping up browned bits, about 1 minute. Add spinach, half and half, chicken stock and Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in chicken, pasta and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.